This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
cross-compiling problems
- From: "azmir ibrahim" <el_caracos at hotmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 04:26:48 +0800
- Subject: cross-compiling problems
- Bcc:
hello...i need some help here on building a cross compiler on RedHat 7.2 for
solaris2.5.I'm just a newbie.I'm hoping somebody can give me some help
host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
target=sparc-sun-solaris2.5
prefix=/root/crosser/sparc
i already downloaded gcc-2.95.3 , newlib-1.10.0 and binutils-2.13
here i my step
my first step is building binutils
$ mkdir build-gcc sparc build-newlib build-binutils
$ cd build-binutils
$ ../binutils-2.13/configure --prefix=/root/crosser/sparc
--target=sparc-sun-solari s2.5
$ make all install
$ export PATH=$PATH:/root/crosser/sparc/bin
all seem to work like it should have
the next step is building a bootstrap gcc
$ cd ..
$ cd build-gcc
$ ../gcc-2.95.3/configure --prefix=/root/crosser/sparc
--target=sparc-sun-solari s2.5 --without-headers --with-newlib
$ make all-gcc install-gcc
An error has occured in this step.Here is the error:
In file included from gthr-default.h:1,
from ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr.h:98,
from ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3034:
../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:37: pthread.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/crosser/build-gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
I am hoping somebody can help me.I already read the tutorial and manual but
i still cannot compile the gcc.
Thank you in advance.
_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com