This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A linker problem
- From: Frank Schafer <frank dot schafer at setuza dot cz>
- To: madan_27 at angelfire dot com
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:03:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: A linker problem
- Organization: SETUZA a.s.
- References: <LNNFMEMFGOPPCBAA@angelfire.com>
- Reply-to: frank dot schafer at setuza dot cz
Madan Mohan Jampani wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem linking a library archive with the gcc
> I have a program the uses the library "liblug.a"
> I put this archive in /usr/local/lib ( I put this path in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig )
> The program uses a function read_gif_file() present in this library..
> I try to link using -llug.
> But I get a error saying undefined reference to read_gif_file().
> I did a nm -s /usr/local/lib/liblug.a | grep liblug.a
> and found the function in there....
>
> Please tell me what else I need to check
>
> Thanks
> Madan.
>
>
>
> Get 250 color business cards for FREE!
> http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/
... hmmm, ... I thought all the time, that ``ldconfig'' is used for dynamic libs.
... add the ``-L /usr/local/lib'' to your command line.
( see info gcc -> Invoking -> Linker Options )
Hope this helps
Frank
begin:vcard
n:Schafer;Frank
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:SETUZA a.s.;IT
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:frank.schafer@setuza.cz
title:Dipl. Ing.
note:System administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Frank Schafer
end:vcard