This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: libstdc


Some days ago, I ask for the same problem.
Someone replied it's a binutils problem. You must udapte
your binutils package.
He was right, now it works fine for me.

Your sincerely,

Yann COLLETTE

> I tested the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. The
> outcoming result is:
> 
> error in loading shared
> libraries: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.3:
> undefined symbol __dso_handle
> 
> What now?
> 
> Hi
> 
>  It sounds like, the dynamic loader could not find
> the shared object,
> are you sure, it searches /usr/local/lib/ ?
>  You might need to add the path to the list of
> directories searched
> by the loader. Most unix systems have an eviroment
> variable for this
> sort of thing, on linux it is called
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> 
> Yours sincerely,
> 
> bjorn
> 
> Hello
> 
> I successfully built and installed gcc-3.0.2.
> Nevertheless I have a problem:
> 
> I compiled successfully a c++-source as follows
> 
> g++ -o test -I/.../.../.../header sourcename.cpp
> (an include-file resides in /.../.../.../header)
> 
> I tried to run the program test with the result of
> 
> the following message:
> 
>     error in loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No
> 
> such file or directory
> 
> But the libstdc++.so.3 exist in /usr/local/lib/
> 
> What's wrong?
> 
> --
> Aaron Schawalder
> Ackeretstrasse 2
> 8400 Winterthur
> Switzerland
> ++41522223546
> 
> 
> 


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]