This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: -O4?


On Dec 19, 2000, Weiguang Shi <wgshi@cs.ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I got some code where in the makefile the gcc is given the option "-O4". I
> looked it up using "info gcc" but got no explaination on it. The highest
> optimization level I got is "-O3".

> Could you please what it means?

The same as -O3, until we create even more expensive optimizations
that would only be enabled with -O4 or higher :-)

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]