This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
r242990 - in /trunk/gcc: ChangeLog input.c test...
- From: dmalcolm at gcc dot gnu dot org
- To: gcc-cvs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 01:13:37 -0000
- Subject: r242990 - in /trunk/gcc: ChangeLog input.c test...
Date: Wed Nov 30 01:13:37 2016
New Revision: 242990
substring locations and # line directives (PR preprocessor/78569)
The ICE in PR preprocessor/78569 appears to be due to an attempt to
generate substring locations in a .i file where the underlying .c file
has changed since the .i file was generated.
This can't work, so it seems safest for the on-demand substring
locations to be unavailable for such files, falling back to
"whole string" locations for such cases.
* input.c (get_substring_ranges_for_loc): Fail gracefully if
line directives were present.
* gcc.dg/format/pr78569.c: New test case.