This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
r242894 - in /trunk/gcc: ChangeLog config.in co...
- From: iains at gcc dot gnu dot org
- To: gcc-cvs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 14:29:36 -0000
- Subject: r242894 - in /trunk/gcc: ChangeLog config.in co...
Date: Sun Nov 27 14:29:36 2016
New Revision: 242894
[Darwin, config] Arrange for ld64 to be detected as Darwin's linker.
This is an initial patch in a series that converts Darwin's configury
to detect ld64 features, rather than the current process of hard-coding
them on target system version.
A ld64-compatible linker is currently required and assumed by Darwin.
If a DEFAULT_LINKER is set via --with-ld= then this will be tested to
see if it is ld64.
The ld64 version is determined for the chosen ld and this is exported for
use in setting a default value for -mtarget-linker (needed for run-time
code-gen changes to section choices).
The support for -rdynamic is converted to be detected at config time, or
by the ld64 version if that is found.
2016-11-27 Iain Sandoe <email@example.com>
* configure.ac (with-ld64): New var, set for Darwin, set on
detection of ld64, gcc_cv_ld64_export_dynamic: New, New test.
* config/darwin.h: Use LD64_HAS_DYNAMIC export. DEF_LD64: New,
* config/darwin10.h(DEF_LD64): Update for this target version.
* config/darwin12.h(LINK_GCC_C_SEQUENCE_SPEC): Remove rdynamic
test. (DEF_LD64): Update for this target version.
* configure: Regenerated.
* config.in: Regenerated.