This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug tree-optimization/73714] [Regression 7] Incorrect unsigned long long arithmetic optimization
- From: "marc.glisse at normalesup dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:45:26 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tree-optimization/73714] [Regression 7] Incorrect unsigned long long arithmetic optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-73714-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=73714
Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at normalesup dot org> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |marc.glisse at normalesup dot org
--- Comment #2 from Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at normalesup dot org> ---
Ah, my verifier considers that some_32bit_int << 57 is 0, while it actually is
undefined or unspecified, and in particular may yield some_32bit_int << 25 on
some platforms. I hope I didn't introduce too many similar bugs...
I'll look at it more closely when I get time, but anyone should feel free to
revert the first hunk of my patch if they need a quicker resolution.