This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug gcov-profile/36412] gcov -l -p exceeds maximum file name length
- From: "marxin at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 07:45:39 +0000
- Subject: [Bug gcov-profile/36412] gcov -l -p exceeds maximum file name length
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-36412-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=36412
--- Comment #3 from Martin Liška <marxin at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to Peter Klotz from comment #2)
> Hello Martin
>
> It's great that you came up with a solution!
>
> Meanwhile I removed "-l" from the command line to avoid the error and use an
> additional script to rename files as soon as they are generated by gcov.
> This way file name collisions leading to overwritten files are prevented.
>
> Once your solution is present in a binary distribution I'm happy to remove
> all these workarounds.
>
> Regards, Peter.
Hi Peter.
I'm happy that you're using GCC and that the request is still more than valid.
I expect it's going to be accepted to trunk soon:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-08/msg00721.html
What compiler version are you using, I may backport the patch if you are
interested (cause GCC 7.1 is going to be released in ~May 2017)?