This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug gcov-profile/58306] Broken profiling for unrar sources: error: corrupted value profile: value profile counter (X out of Y) inconsistent with basic-block count
- From: "t.artem at mailcity dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 16:45:51 +0000
- Subject: [Bug gcov-profile/58306] Broken profiling for unrar sources: error: corrupted value profile: value profile counter (X out of Y) inconsistent with basic-block count
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-58306-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58306
--- Comment #21 from Artem S. Tashkinov <t.artem at mailcity dot com> ---
(In reply to Martin Liška from comment #20)
> > Do I understand the patch correctly that it requires
> > "-fprofile-update=atomic" option in order to eliminate this bug?
>
> Exactly, I hope I'll be able to merge the whole patchset (5) to mainline
> soon.
What's the rationale behind this decision? This looks a bit counter intuitive
and counter productive. People just enable profiling and don't think twice
about extra requirements it might ensue.