This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug go/72812] reflect FAILs with Solaris as
- From: "ian at airs dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:26:46 +0000
- Subject: [Bug go/72812] reflect FAILs with Solaris as
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-72812-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=72812
Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|UNCONFIRMED |ASSIGNED
Last reconfirmed| |2016-08-05
Ever confirmed|0 |1
--- Comment #1 from Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com> ---
The Solaris assembler is unhappy with the use of non-ASCII characters in
symbols. The symbols in question are being generated by
func TestStructOfExportRules(t *testing.T) {
type ΦType struct{}
type φType struct{}
so in this case they aren't even externally visible. But similar issues arise
when writing
func φFunc() {}
I think we need a general rewriting of non-ASCII symbols, ideally without
disturbing debug info. I'll see if I can do this in the GCC backend interface.