This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/66584] gcc differs in static, branch-prediction cost from icc in switch.
- From: "jmcguiness at liquidcapital dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:23:39 +0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/66584] gcc differs in static, branch-prediction cost from icc in switch.
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-66584-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66584
--- Comment #4 from Jason McG <jmcguiness at liquidcapital dot com> ---
(In reply to Eric Botcazou from comment #2)
> What would you like us to document exactly? How are we supposed to track
...
Perhaps I was unclear. I am asking that you point out to me in the gcc
documentation where it comments regarding code generation for
switch-statements, and that it might make clear that the lexographic "top-down"
approach nor the default label are preferred but other, more complex heuristics
are used that defeat static branch-prediction analysis. I do not think this is
unreasonable. So I disagree entirely that this is invalid.