This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/66534] New: Compilation error of gfortran building on YDL6.2
- From: "textdirected at gmail dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 11:13:22 +0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/66534] New: Compilation error of gfortran building on YDL6.2
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66534
Bug ID: 66534
Summary: Compilation error of gfortran building on YDL6.2
Product: gcc
Version: 5.1.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: fortran
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: textdirected at gmail dot com
Target Milestone: ---
Hello all,
When I tried to build gcc 5.0 downloaded from a mirror site, I encountered a
compilation error in building gfortran. I am working on YDL(yellow dog linux)
6.2 of an old iBook machine.
The console output is:
Checking multilib configuration for libgfortran...
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/powerpc-unknown-linux
gnu/libgfortran'
make all-am
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile
/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/
-B/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I../.././libgfortran -iquote../.././libgfortran/io
-I../.././libgfortran/../gcc -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc/config
-I../../host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc -I../.././libgfortran/../libgcc
-I../libgcc -std=gnu11 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition -Wextra -Wwrite-strings
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=vla -fcx-fortran-rules
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -O2 -MT string.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/string.Tpo -c -o string.lo `test -f 'runtime/string.c' || echo
'../.././libgfortran/'`runtime/string.c
libtool: compile: /home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc/
-B/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/opt/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I../.././libgfortran -iquote../.././libgfortran/io
-I../.././libgfortran/../gcc -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc/config
-I../../host-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc -I../.././libgfortran/../libgcc
-I../libgcc -std=gnu11 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition -Wextra -Wwrite-strings
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=vla -fcx-fortran-rules
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -O2 -MT string.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/string.Tpo -c ../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/string.o
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zgzg/gcc-5.1.0'
../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c:96:1: error: static declaration of
'strnlen' follows non-static declaration
strnlen (const char *s, size_t maxlen)
^
In file included from ../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c:26:0:
/usr/include/string.h:249:15: note: previous declaration of 'strnlen' was here
extern size_t strnlen (__const char *__string, size_t __maxlen)
^
In file included from /usr/include/string.h:417:0,
from ../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c:26:
../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c:110:1: error: expected identifier or '('
before '__extension__'
strndup (const char *s, size_t n)
^
../.././libgfortran/runtime/string.c:96:1: warning: 'strnlen' defined but not
used [-Wunused-function]
strnlen (const char *s, size_t maxlen)
^
make[3]: *** [string.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-target-libgfortran] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Please help me
best regards,