This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug fortran/66493] ICE on alternate return argument for typebound procedure


https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66493

kargl at gcc dot gnu.org changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Assignee|kargl at gcc dot gnu.org           |unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org

--- Comment #6 from kargl at gcc dot gnu.org ---
Some who understands the internals of type bound procedures will need to
expand my patch.  The patch cures the ICE in comment #1.  I've attached
two test programs.  The 1st one does not use TBP.  The 2nd one does.  I
get

gfc6 -o z gfc6 -o z alternate_return_2.f90 && ./z
alternate_return_2.f90:30:17:

    call argh%bar(*10, *20)
                 1
Error: Syntax error in argument list at (1)


The reason is that whoever write the TBP code did not consider
the possibility of alternate return.  I don't blame them.  I
simply don't know how to fix it.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]