This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/66377] [F95] Wrong-code with equivalenced array in module
- From: "sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 20:31:57 +0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/66377] [F95] Wrong-code with equivalenced array in module
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-66377-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66377
--- Comment #9 from Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl.washington.edu> ---
On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 11:21:35AM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > Does removing the code regress module size in the case
> > of modules with equiv used in modules used in modules etc?
>
> I do not know. I do not have a testcase handy unless there is
> one in gfortran.dg.
>
OK. I tracked down Russel's patch and testcase. After
applying his patch and then removing the code in question,
I get want we want. Namely, the code in this PR
compiles correctly and duplicate equivalences in a
hierarchy of modules are removed.