This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c/64833] New: [SH]: Error: pcrel too far when compiling imagemagick and graphicsmagick on Debian sh4
- From: "glaubitz at physik dot fu-berlin.de" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:50:15 +0000
- Subject: [Bug c/64833] New: [SH]: Error: pcrel too far when compiling imagemagick and graphicsmagick on Debian sh4
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64833
Bug ID: 64833
Summary: [SH]: Error: pcrel too far when compiling imagemagick
and graphicsmagick on Debian sh4
Product: gcc
Version: 4.9.2
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c
Assignee: unassigned at gcc dot gnu.org
Reporter: glaubitz at physik dot fu-berlin.de
Hello!
Both imagemagick and graphicsmagick currently fail to build from source on
Debian sh4 with the current version of gcc, 4.9.2.
Both packages used to build fine with gcc-4.6, so I assume it's a regression in
gcc-4.8/4.9.
imagemagick [1]:
/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl/5.20.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap
/usr/share/perl/5.20/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap Q16.xs > Q16.xsc && mv
Q16.xsc Q16.c
gcc -std=gnu99 -std=gnu99 -c -I../ -I../../../.. -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/usr/include/X11
-I/usr/include/libxml2 -I"/usr/include/ImageMagick" -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DDEBIAN -mieee -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/lqr-1
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sh4-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -fopenmp -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security -Wall -fexceptions -pthread -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0
-DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -O2 -g -DVERSION=\"6.89\" -DXS_VERSION=\"6.89\"
-fPIC "-I/usr/lib/sh4-linux-gnu/perl/5.20/CORE" -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-D_LARGE_FILES=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H Q16.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:5204: Error: pcrel too far
make[4]: *** [Q16.o] Error 1
graphicsmagick [2]:
In file included from Magick.xs:58:0:
/usr/lib/sh4-linux-gnu/perl/5.20/CORE/XSUB.h:183:20: warning: unused variable
'ix' [-Wunused-variable]
#define dXSI32 I32 ix = XSANY.any_i32
^
Magick.c:7874:5: note: in expansion of macro 'dXSI32'
dXSI32;
^
Magick.c: At top level:
Magick.xs:247:4: warning: 'LogEventTypes' defined but not used
[-Wunused-variable]
*LogEventTypes[] =
^
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:15081: Error: pcrel too far
{standard input}:15082: Error: pcrel too far
make[2]: *** [Magick.o] Error 1
Makefile:348: recipe for target 'Magick.o' failed
Cheers,
Adrian
> [1] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=imagemagick&arch=sh4&ver=8%3A6.8.9.9-5&stamp=1422394497
> [2] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=graphicsmagick&arch=sh4&ver=1.3.20-3&stamp=1417619120