This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/64580] very high rs6000_stack_info() usage during LTO Firefox build on ppc64
- From: "segher at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 00:29:53 +0000
- Subject: [Bug target/64580] very high rs6000_stack_info() usage during LTO Firefox build on ppc64
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-64580-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64580
--- Comment #3 from Segher Boessenkool <segher at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
Hi again,
Unfortunately it seems I am unable to build a version of GCC that is
compatible with that (every version I tried either complains or ICEs).
Maybe you can answer the above questions yourself? How often
is rs6000_output_mi_thunk called (+ some sense of scale, e.g.
how many "real" functions are emitted)? Is there a real hotspot
in rs6000_stack_info itself? I haven't been able to get it above
0.16% of cpu time, and no hotspots.
Can perf be used to analyze results on a different machine than
used to generate the data?