This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug tree-optimization/64590] Firefox 34 triggers GCC AVX bug (segfault: XPCCallContext::GetJSContext (this=0xfffc7fffe3e23980))
- From: "fragabr at gmail dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 03:04:36 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tree-optimization/64590] Firefox 34 triggers GCC AVX bug (segfault: XPCCallContext::GetJSContext (this=0xfffc7fffe3e23980))
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-64590-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64590
--- Comment #5 from DÃniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Andrew Pinski from comment #4)
> You did not answer my question: "Also what instruction is the segfault
> located on"?
Sorry. I read too fast. Do you mean AVX instruction? I put AVX at the title
because the segfault won't happen when compiling for Nehalem (or with
-mno-avx). I don't know what specific instruction is causing this (what I know
is that the segfault will only happen when AVX optimization is enabled).
If you tell me a way to discover what instruction or how to better debug this,
jusk ask and I can test here for you.
Thanks you.