This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/61586] ICE on alpha in alpha_handle_trap_shadows, at config/alpha/alpha.c:8724
- From: "rth at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:16:29 +0000
- Subject: [Bug target/61586] ICE on alpha in alpha_handle_trap_shadows, at config/alpha/alpha.c:8724
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-61586-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61586
--- Comment #3 from Richard Henderson <rth at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
(In reply to UroÅ Bizjak from comment #2)
> (I also wonder why we have to break the loop for naked USEs and CLOBBERs. We
> should just skip the problematic insn and continue - as proposed in the
> above patch).
Because it's not breaking out of the loop, it's breaking
out of the switch, case INSN.
I don't think we should special-case TRAP_IF, but rather
special-case BARRIER. Suppose some -O0 test case involving
__builtin_unreachable, which expands to no code at all.
Otherwise, I think the close_shadow_notrapb change is good.