This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug ipa/61393] [trans-mem] O3 optimization level constant propagation problem
- From: "jamborm at gcc dot gnu.org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:32:27 +0000
- Subject: [Bug ipa/61393] [trans-mem] O3 optimization level constant propagation problem
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-61393-4 at http dot gcc dot gnu dot org/bugzilla/>
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61393
--- Comment #2 from Martin Jambor <jamborm at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
Thinking about this more, I've come to the conclusion that on the
release branches simply disabling IPA-CP of transactional memory
clones is the best solution to this bug. Patches for the branches
have already reached the mailing list:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-06/msg00400.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-06/msg00401.html
However, I would very much like to avoid such simple punting on trunk
so I would appreciate if someone commented on the implications of
properly copying the tm_clone flag during cgraph_node cloning.