This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug target/52225] -minline-all-stringops possible stuck


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=52225

--- Comment #4 from Dzianis Kahanovich <mahatma at eu dot by> 2012-02-13 15:49:43 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #1)
> Can you explain what you mean by stuck?  Also all those flags look like you are
> trying to test out the compiler and not really the system.  
> 
> PS this is why I hate gentoo, it tries to be the distro which wants speed by
> testing out the compiler options without actually a big warning about all -O2
> flags by the user that they might run into issues.

I mean by "stuck" (not precise, visual reconstruction):

/configure
Checking for program gcc or cc           : /usr/bin/gcc 
Checking for program cpp                 : /usr/bin/cpp 
Checking for program ar                  : /usr/bin/ar 
Checking for program ranlib              : /usr/bin/ranlib 
Checking for gcc                         : ok  
Checking for program git                 : /usr/bin/git 
Check for -MD                            :

And all - infinite waiting. But configure under "emerge sys-libs/tdb" and not
every try. I don't dig inside becouse this is secondary server in drbd cluster
and I do not want long unstable state for it ("emerge -eq system" in progress).
And I beleave - this problem will be founded not inside tdb package, but there
are just IMHO.

PS You can hate Gentoo and I can not use all good flags, but there are real
flags on many my systems and there are no problems on x86_32 & x86_64 (with
some patches). You can comment bad flags if you don't fear to be offtopic.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]