This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/50924] Attempt to allocate negative amount of memory. Possible integer overflow
- From: "fwi at inducks dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:43:23 +0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/50924] Attempt to allocate negative amount of memory. Possible integer overflow
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-50924-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50924
--- Comment #4 from fwi at inducks dot org 2011-10-31 08:43:23 UTC ---
Actually contrary to what I wrote my system is 64 bit (I clicked on "edit" on
the top right and somehow the system sent a message that I was starting to
write).
Still when I run my program on a 64-bit machine with 16 Gb of RAM (under
CentOS), I could fill up 96% of the RAM with just one big array. I don't really
understand why such restriction is enforced.