This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug debug/50203] ICE: in output_loc_list, at dwarf2out.c:8188 with --param max-vartrack-expr-depth=140


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50203

--- Comment #4 from Richard Guenther <rguenth at gcc dot gnu.org> 2011-08-29 11:05:19 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #3)
> But what would be a good limit for the parameter?  On some targets some people
> have managed to trigger it even with the parameter 20 which has been the
> default for a while, but on other code/targets even a few hundred is fine.
> As I wrote on gcc-patches I think, what we could do is just drop the expression
> on the floor instead of asserting if it is >= 64KB, or we could stick it into a
> DW_TAG_dwarf_procedure (though, I think >= 64KB location expressions ought to
> be rarely useful).

I suppose we can't know in advance and turn the max-vartrack-expr-depth param
into a max-dwarf2-expr-size param?  That we could limit to 64kb ...


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]