This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c/48090] gcc 4.5.2 miscompilation when building on arm
- From: "arnaud dot patard at rtp-net dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:16:31 +0000
- Subject: [Bug c/48090] gcc 4.5.2 miscompilation when building on arm
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-48090-4@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48090
--- Comment #3 from arnaud patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> 2011-03-12 12:16:12 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #2)
> I get correct-looking code on armv5tel-linux with vanilla gcc-4.6-20110305 and
> gcc-4.5-20110310, with 4.4 the code looks different but not obviously broken.
I said -march=armv5t (or -march=armv4t I guess). It's important as
-march=armv5te won't trigger the bug.
>
> Can you make the test case standalone and include a runtime check for the
> possible miscompilation?
My test case was to build tar and run the delete01.at check but it's not really
a standalone test.
So far, I've not managed to have a test case small than compiling the
preprocessed file.
>
> How was your gcc configured?
I reproduce it with my gcc and debian gcc 4.5.2 so I believe this rules out
misconfiguration.