This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug bootstrap/38523] [4.4 regression] arm build fails to link cc1-dummy
- From: "laurent at guerby dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Dec 2008 15:54:20 -0000
- Subject: [Bug bootstrap/38523] [4.4 regression] arm build fails to link cc1-dummy
- References: <bug-38523-7210@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #4 from laurent at guerby dot net 2008-12-15 15:54 -------
More discussions here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-12/msg00861.html
Also from Richard:
Recent binutils should also be able to generate binaries exceeding this limit,
though there is some runtime and additional code size overhead when this
occurs.
> I'm using debian lenny binutils 2.18.1~cvs20080103-7 and
> since I'm seeing the error I assume it's not recent enough?
Probably not. It may not be present in any released version of binutils.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38523