This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libfortran/33985] access="stream",form="unformatted" doesn't buffer
- From: "jvdelisle at verizon dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 2 Dec 2007 20:58:30 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libfortran/33985] access="stream",form="unformatted" doesn't buffer
- References: <bug-33985-10391@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #31 from jvdelisle at verizon dot net 2007-12-02 20:58 -------
Subject: Re: access="stream",form="unformatted" doesn't
buffer
tkoenig at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:
>> Answer to comment #18, Thomas, the flush is needed for streamio_12.f90 where we
>> use a write(10, pos=1) to reposition the file somewhere far from the current
>> buffer contents.
>
> I understand that. What I meant to ask is: Why do we
> still flush for formatted stream I/O?
>
:) I misunderstood the question. I am now regression testing without it. We
probably don't need it.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=33985