This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libfortran/33985] access="stream",form="unformatted" doesn't buffer
- From: "jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 1 Dec 2007 22:07:02 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libfortran/33985] access="stream",form="unformatted" doesn't buffer
- References: <bug-33985-10391@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #21 from jvdelisle at gcc dot gnu dot org 2007-12-01 22:07 -------
Reply to comment #18, Thomas, A particular reason I do not recall. Have you
tested without it? It seems from the description of the alloc scheme in the
comments we should only have to free the stream (sfree). Did you get my
off-list email. This question ties into my general concern about understanding
the internals here and does it really do what we think it ought to.
Regarding comment #19, Jack, I would run my tests on the 4.0 branch and see
what we get, but we did not have "stream" access implemented then. Maybe I
modify the tests and see what we get since fd_seek is used by all access
methods.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=33985