This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/33354] [4.2 only] MINLOC in combination with SUM gives wrong result
- From: "enok at lysator dot liu dot se" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 30 Sep 2007 20:56:22 -0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/33354] [4.2 only] MINLOC in combination with SUM gives wrong result
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #7 from enok at lysator dot liu dot se 2007-09-30 20:56 -------
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > I added a testcase for this.
> > Can this bug be closed or does anyone feel
> > strongly enough about it to fix it in 4.2?
> If we can identify which patch fixed this, I'd be in favor
> of backporting (even though we'll miss 4.2.2).
I think it's a pretty serious bug. Everyone who uses MINLOC or MAXLOC will
silently get wrong result in certain cases and those intrinsics are fairly
commonly used. It would sure be nice if this could be fixed in 4.2.3, to bad
its to late for 4.2.2. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.