This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c/33598] gcc 4.2.1 ignores GNU ld on Solaris 9
- From: "dhaliK at jla dot rutgers dot edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 30 Sep 2007 17:08:10 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c/33598] gcc 4.2.1 ignores GNU ld on Solaris 9
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #10 from dhaliK at jla dot rutgers dot edu 2007-09-30 17:08 -------
We build it twice. One for normal sparc (v8+ I believe) and one for sparcv9.
The rpm spec file just cd's into gcc and makes a tmp sparc directory... hence
the ../configure. It then makes a sparcv9 directory and does the same thing all
over. This way one pass with rpmbuild spits out both.
I'll get back to you on reproducing it in the build directory since it's still
running right now from before... old machine and it doesn't seem to like gmake
-j and exits randomly between files :( I'm interested to see if this build with
sun as and ld gives the same problem since our normal sparc build doesn't.