This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug tree-optimization/33562] [4.3 Regression] aggregate DSE disabled
- From: "dnovillo at google dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Sep 2007 13:48:03 -0000
- Subject: [Bug tree-optimization/33562] [4.3 Regression] aggregate DSE disabled
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #7 from dnovillo at google dot com 2007-09-27 13:48 -------
Subject: Re: [4.3 Regression] aggregate DSE disabled
On 27 Sep 2007 13:42:11 -0000, rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Diego, it sucks that we need to jump through hoops to get V_MUST_DEF "back".
Unless we can prove that it is impossible to implement DSE any other
way, I would prefer to keep virtual SSA as simple as possible. It's
meant as a safety net and a "good enough" UD web for passes that do
not care for being too aggressive.