This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/32400] [4.3 Regression] ICE in expand_or_defer_fn, at cp/semantics.c:3220
- From: "pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 25 Sep 2007 00:09:25 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/32400] [4.3 Regression] ICE in expand_or_defer_fn, at cp/semantics.c:3220
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #11 from pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2007-09-25 00:09 -------
Here is what the C++ standard says about linkage:
A template name may have linkage (3.5). A template, a template explicit
specialization (14.7.3), or a class
template partial specialization shall not have C linkage. If the linkage of one
of these is something other
than C or C++, the behavior is implementation defined.
Template definitions shall obey the one definition
So this is implementation defined as far as I can tell, and I think this is
really a bad choice to accept this code.