This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug fortran/32980] Vendor extension: Intrinsic functions (D)GAMMA, LGAMMA (ALGAMA/DLGAMA)
- From: "burnus at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 21 Aug 2007 19:04:49 -0000
- Subject: [Bug fortran/32980] Vendor extension: Intrinsic functions (D)GAMMA, LGAMMA (ALGAMA/DLGAMA)
- References: <bug-32980-13404@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #7 from burnus at gcc dot gnu dot org 2007-08-21 19:04 -------
> * Will we want a -std=f2008 separate from f2003, or do we consider f2003 an
> alias for f2008 (F2008 being, after all, a minor improvement to F2003)?
Who said that it will be a minor change compared to Fortran 2003 [except that
it was supposed to be one]? With Co-Arrays and submodules and a couple of other
changes I wouldn't claim so. I'm definitely in favour of having -std=f2008,
however, I'm not sure it is already time to introduce such features. (I need
the vendor intrinsic GAMMA which I want to be compatible to Fortran 2008;
currently I don't care of Fortran 2008 nor do I want to promote it, yet.)
The current time line of Fortran 2008 is:
2007-12 First working draft available
2008-02 WG5 review of working draft
2008-04 WG5 approval of draft CD [...]
2009-07 Final CD submitted for approval
I think we should wait at least for the first working draft until we start with
-std=f2008. Only shortly ago (2007-08-13), the BITS type and the macros were
(fortunately) dropped which shows that things are still in a flux -- not that I
expect LOG_GAMMA and GAMMA to change/disappear esp. as they are compatible with
C. The other mentioned intrinsic changes are also unlikely to change [better
ask Toon before adding].
We already have a F2008 feature: We allow "CONTAINS" followed by no contained
procedure. When we introduce STD_F2008, one should change the error message
there.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32980