This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c/31886] (different from bug report c/31077 and 29241) C handling of always_inline attribute error and a solution
- From: "rob1weld at aol dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 6 Aug 2007 06:44:57 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c/31886] (different from bug report c/31077 and 29241) C handling of always_inline attribute error and a solution
- References: <bug-31886-14209@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #8 from rob1weld at aol dot com 2007-08-06 06:44 -------
GCC 4.2.2 20070804 is able to compile newer kernels as is 4.2.1 20070628. I
guess 4.3 and 4.1 are the only series lacking this ability.
I am not allowed to change the "Summary:" to add "[4.3 Regression]" to the
begining since I did not create this report.
If we desire to compile the Linux kernel with GCC 4.3 (and apparently, but not
tested by me, GCC 4.1 also) we will need to fix this.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=31886