This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug preprocessor/14331] please add option to suppress warning message "no newline at end of file"
- From: "manu at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Mar 2007 23:21:55 -0000
- Subject: [Bug preprocessor/14331] please add option to suppress warning message "no newline at end of file"
- References: <bug-14331-8015@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #12 from manu at gcc dot gnu dot org 2007-03-28 00:21 -------
(In reply to comment #11)
> Manuel: Yes, the patch is against 3.3 series, I didn't actually formally
> submit it but just posted it to the list when someone was in need of a patch.
> See
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-07/msg00798.html
>
> Before resubmitting I would /of course/ a) up-port to current mainline b) use
> the most appropriate of the current options-handling mechanisms and c) add
> testcases and docs. Can you advise me what you think the best way to add the
> option is? I particularly think I ought to avoid "manually copying a global
> in c_common_post_options" (as I wrote at url above).
>
I was not criticizing your patch. Tom asked and I gave my opinion: that the
patch would need to be updated by someone (not necessarily you) before being
accepted.
To see the proper way to add the option look for endif_labels in c.opt and
c-opts.c. Notice that you don't need to define a global option anymore in
gcc/flags.h (although it seems that you still need it in
libcpp/include/cpplib.h).
To keep current behaviour, you need to enable the option by default. If it were
a front-end option you would need to enable it in c.opt using Init(1) (see
other options in the same file). However, I don't think that setting affects
automatically CPP options, so probably you need to set the option in
libccp/init.c as you do in your original patch. Of course, you also need to
conditionalize the warning on the option, but your patch already does this.
I hope this helps.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14331