This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug inline-asm/29554] New: GNU as crashes on bad register syntax
- From: "dagit at codersbase dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Oct 2006 20:58:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug inline-asm/29554] New: GNU as crashes on bad register syntax
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
The following bit of (malformed) assembly causes GNU as to crash.
.type foo, @function
Here is the error message:
$ as test.s
test.s: Assembler messages:
test.s:4: Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/config/tc-i386.c line 2123 in
Please report this bug.
$ as --version
GNU assembler 2.17 Debian GNU/Linux
Copyright 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `x86_64-linux-gnu'.
(BTW, none of the product categories seem right, but I was directed here by the
manual of gnu as.)
Summary: GNU as crashes on bad register syntax
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: dagit at codersbase dot com