This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/28088] [4.1 Regression] Internal compiler error on boost mpl test/apply.cpp
- From: "mmitchel at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Oct 2006 04:59:35 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/28088] [4.1 Regression] Internal compiler error on boost mpl test/apply.cpp
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #10 from mmitchel at gcc dot gnu dot org 2006-10-22 04:59 -------
Technically, I think it would be feasible to backport the patch. However,
because that patch eliminates a GNU extension we would change the set of
programs accepted on the 4.1 branch. I'm not sure that's a good idea, even to
fix a failure to accept conforming code. I can see arguments both ways, so I'd
like to see if there's a consensus in the community and among Nathan and Jason.