This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug bootstrap/29509] gcj MetalLookAndFeel.java causes gcj to SIGILL on PPC Linux
- From: "pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 19 Oct 2006 17:14:01 -0000
- Subject: [Bug bootstrap/29509] gcj MetalLookAndFeel.java causes gcj to SIGILL on PPC Linux
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #3 from pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2006-10-19 17:14 -------
(In reply to comment #2)
> "make bootstrap" produces a different error; I'll try building just the C
> compiler next (even if gcj is what I'm really after).
After that finishes, you should bootstrap the compiler with the newer compiler
and that might actually fix the issue.
If that does not work, try using compiling 3.3.6 first and then 4.1.1.
What is most likely happening now is 2.95.3 is miscompiling badly the newly
compiled 4.1.1 so you get these errors.