This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug debug/29461] New: inconsistent variable output
- From: "geoffk at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Oct 2006 17:42:45 -0000
- Subject: [Bug debug/29461] New: inconsistent variable output
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
In this short program, compiled with -O2 -gdwarf-2 on powerpc-darwin with 'gcc
version 4.2.0 20061012':
extern void func(struct s *);
void func2(void * s_p)
struct s * const ss = s_p;
debug output is generated which has the variable 's_p' live until just before
the second call to 'func', and has the variable 'ss' live from after the first
call to 'func' through the end of the function. (The ranges of 's_p' and 'ss'
This is lame. The variables have identical values, the debug information
should be able to explain their value everywhere in the function.
Summary: inconsistent variable output
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: geoffk at gcc dot gnu dot org