This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/28642] [4.0/4.1/4.2 Regression] ICE in layout_type with may_alias
- From: "pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 8 Oct 2006 20:54:36 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/28642] [4.0/4.1/4.2 Regression] ICE in layout_type with may_alias
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #6 from pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2006-10-08 20:54 -------
When I looked at this for work, this is a hard one to fix correctly. We could
ignore may_alias on template arguments but that will really fix the problem.
What we need to do is to record the attribute when processing templates and
then process them while instaintating them. If I get some next week I might
get around to do for work and once the copyright assignment problem gets
cleared up, I will post it.