This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug middle-end/28690] [4.2 Regression] Performace problem with indexed load/stores on powerpc
- From: "bonzini at gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 3 Oct 2006 18:07:08 -0000
- Subject: [Bug middle-end/28690] [4.2 Regression] Performace problem with indexed load/stores on powerpc
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #21 from bonzini at gnu dot org 2006-10-03 18:07 -------
Note that I don't oppose at all fixing the problem in
swap_commutative_operands_p. At the very least, you have to change at the very
least simplify-rtx.c's uses of commutative_operand_precedence to use s_c_o_p
instead, but that's a minor problem.
I'm also worried of the interaction between this change to
swap_commutative_operands_p and swap_commutative_operands_with_target which
(even though I refactored it quite recently to happen very early, in expand) is
an optimization that CSE has performed for years and has big impact on x86, for
example on crafty.