This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug preprocessor/29245] want way to #include but still able to finish compiling
- From: "joseph at codesourcery dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 1 Oct 2006 11:25:26 -0000
- Subject: [Bug preprocessor/29245] want way to #include but still able to finish compiling
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #12 from joseph at codesourcery dot com 2006-10-01 11:25 -------
Subject: Re: want way to #include but still able to
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, acahalan at gmail dot com wrote:
> > But after the proposal has been written formally.
> I have been assuming you have representatives on the committees.
> Hopefully it is no big deal to submit something.
Countries have representatives on the committees, not compilers. Go via
your National Body's C committee. You can implement a feature for a
development branch - not trunk - to provide evidence of an existing
implementation. Since documentation for new extensions should include
edits to the standard text, you can reuse that documentation for a WG14
paper. Then get on your National Body delegation to a WG14 meeting and
see what they think of your proposal.