This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug preprocessor/29245] want way to #include but still able to finish compiling
- From: "pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 1 Oct 2006 05:36:25 -0000
- Subject: [Bug preprocessor/29245] want way to #include but still able to finish compiling
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #10 from pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu 2006-10-01 05:36 -------
Subject: Re: want way to #include but still able
to finish compiling
On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 05:32 +0000, acahalan at gmail dot com wrote:
> ------- Comment #9 from acahalan at gmail dot com 2006-10-01 05:32 -------
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > This is definitely firmly in the class of "extension to the language that
> > requires a thorough proposal to be presented to the standards committee"
> Of course. I mentioned that.
> I'm more familiar with the POSIX/UNIX standardization than the C/C++
> standardization. Perhaps they have very different rules, but what
> I've seen with the one group is that the committee strongly prefers
> that there be an existing implementation.
But after the proposal has been written formally.