This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/25015] [gomp] Function names cannot be demangled due to ".omp_fn" suffix
- From: "rth at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 25 Nov 2005 22:38:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/25015] [gomp] Function names cannot be demangled due to ".omp_fn" suffix
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #2 from rth at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-11-25 22:38 -------
No, this isn't a failure of the demangler. Nor do ever expect these
functions to ever be demangled. That they contain the original function
name at all is merely an aid to us the compiler developer.
I don't see that this is any better or worse, from the user's perspective,
than just "__omp_fn.N", which is what we had before the patch.
Unless you can come up with some convincing user usage scenario, I'm not
going to address this problem at all.