This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug preprocessor/24976] simple hexadecimal number parsed as C99 hex float
- From: "bernie at develer dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 21 Nov 2005 18:41:15 -0000
- Subject: [Bug preprocessor/24976] simple hexadecimal number parsed as C99 hex float
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #3 from bernie at develer dot com 2005-11-21 18:41 -------
(In reply to comment #2)
> 0xe+100 is a single preprocessing number. If the end of
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Incompatibilities.html> is unclear,
> please let us know how we could have improved it so that you would have
> realised it applies to this situation and so there is no bug.
We could handle it like we do for >> in nested template
declarations: split the token and try reparsing the
expression with the "other" meaning. If it works, give
the friendly error message ("maybe you meant 0xe + 100?").