This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug rtl-optimization/24823] [4.1/4.2 Regression] ICE in insert_save, at caller-save.c:719
- From: "krebbel at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 21 Nov 2005 17:36:26 -0000
- Subject: [Bug rtl-optimization/24823] [4.1/4.2 Regression] ICE in insert_save, at caller-save.c:719
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #16 from krebbel at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-11-21 17:36 -------
(In reply to comment #15)
> (In reply to comment #14)
> > The testcase to get that construct is:
> Compiling with -mpowerpc64 to get the mixed mode. I would not doubt that the
> arm failure is a similar issue but not with complex types.
So maybe we can remove the mode check:
&& GET_MODE (testreg) == BLKmode)
The only problem I could think of is when we have a MEM within the PARALLEL,
then we should rather fall through to the code calling mark_used_regs
recursively in order to mark the regs holding the address as used. So perhaps
it is necessary to make sure that the PARALLEL only contains regs.