This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/24928] static const objects should go to .rodata
- From: "gdr at integrable-solutions dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 18 Nov 2005 01:31:58 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/24928] static const objects should go to .rodata
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #3 from gdr at integrable-solutions dot net 2005-11-18 01:31 -------
Subject: Re: New: Trivial static const objects should go to .rodata
"msharov at hotmail dot com" <email@example.com> writes:
| With the object being initialized at runtime as if it mattered. Because the
| values of the member variables can not be changed after initialization, there
| is no reason to do this at runtime. Because the constructor doesn't do
| anything, this would not conflict with C++'s create-on-call mandate.