This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/24924] New: front end and preprocessor pedantic_errors settings should agree
- From: "jsm28 at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 Nov 2005 20:21:31 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/24924] New: front end and preprocessor pedantic_errors settings should agree
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
The C++ front end makes pedwarns into errors by default (unless -fpermissive).
However, this only applies to front end pedwarns and not to preprocessor ones,
as the preprocessor has its own pedantic_errors setting which is changed by an
explicit -pedantic-errors option but doesn't default to 1 for C++ the way the
global setting does.
There should be a consistent pedantic_errors setting for both compiler and
Test: preprocess a testcase such as
and observe it gives a warning which becomes an error with -pedantic-errors,
whereas by the principle followed by the C++ front end it should be an error
which becomes a warning with -fpermissive.
Summary: front end and preprocessor pedantic_errors settings
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: jsm28 at gcc dot gnu dot org