This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug libfortran/24902] COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
- From: "gdr at integrable-solutions dot net" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Nov 2005 20:39:36 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libfortran/24902] COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #8 from gdr at integrable-solutions dot net 2005-11-16 20:39 -------
Subject: Re: COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
"pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| > Subject: Re: COMPLEX_ASSIGN is wrong
| > "pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org" <email@example.com> writes:
| > | I should also note that:
| > | http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Complex.html#Complex
| > |
| > | recomends against using the extensions anyways.
| > Exactly which sentence says so?
| "you should use the ISO C99 function" every time it mentions the
(1) that is not the same as recommending against the extension;
(2) how do you use ISO C99 functions to implement C99 <complex.h>,
C++98 <complex> that interoperate with C99 _Complex and other
libraries that predate C99 functions or on plateforms where C99
functions don't exist but the libraries need to be implemented anyway?