This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/24856] call to setlocale doesn't return expected value
- From: "tedoc2000 at gmail dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Nov 2005 21:27:54 -0000
- Subject: [Bug target/24856] call to setlocale doesn't return expected value
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #15 from tedoc2000 at gmail dot com 2005-11-15 21:27 -------
Okay so it wasn't the --with-local-prefix.
It was the fact that I used --prefix=/opt/OPSWbuildtools/1.0.1.
If I use a directory that doesn't already exist then I get my desired results.
So that makes us ask. "Well what do you have in /opt/OPSWbuildtools/1.0.1?"
I will attach a list of the contents. Basically it is an install of
The most suspicious of the above(IMHO) is the libiconv.. But even though I am
specifying --with-iconv-prefix=/opt/OPSWbuildtools/1.0.1, I don't see that
being used when linking in gcc/ I just see -liconv.
The only other visible difference I see is when collect2 runs I see a
-L/opt/OPSWbuildtools/1.0.1/lib. But as my test program doesn't use iconv in
anyway I don't see how that could make a difference.
I'm testing to see if just the existance of the directory but without contents
also causes the same problem.
Back when I have definitive results.