This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug c++/24795] [4.1 Regression] Error in dependent name-lookup
- From: "rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Nov 2005 16:23:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug c++/24795] [4.1 Regression] Error in dependent name-lookup
- References: <bug-24795-10053@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #7 from rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-11-11 16:23 -------
by 14.6.2/1 I would expect search from both instantiation and definition.
by 14.6.4/1 I would expect (as is the case for 4.1) search from the
instantiation
point to be restricted to namespace X.
I do not see how Koenig lookup can make it /fail/, but only work (and that it
doesn't).
We're still speaking about
namespace X {
struct A {};
struct B {};
}
void foo(X::A&);
template <class T>
void g(T& t)
{
foo(t);
}
void foo(X::B&);
void bar(X::B& b)
{
g(b);
}
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24795