This is the mail archive of the
gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Bug target/24718] Shared libgcc not used for linking by default
- From: "sje at cup dot hp dot com" <gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 10 Nov 2005 00:08:08 -0000
- Subject: [Bug target/24718] Shared libgcc not used for linking by default
- References: <bug-24718-6116@http.gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
- Reply-to: gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
------- Comment #8 from sje at cup dot hp dot com 2005-11-10 00:08 -------
I tried Jim Wilson's suggested changes (with 3.4.4 GCC) but they didn't
seem to fix the problem.
I changed LIBGCC_SPEC to:
#define LIBGCC_SPEC \
"%{shared-libgcc:%{mlp64:-lgcc_s_hpux64}} -lgcc"
But if I compile with -shared, I still see -lgcc:
install/bin/gcc -shared -v hi.c -o x.so
/proj/opensrc/sje/svn/gcc.34/install/libexec/gcc/ia64-hp-hpux11.23/3.4.4
/collect2 +Accept TypeMismatch -b -o x.so
-L/proj/opensrc/sje/svn/gcc.34/install
/lib/gcc/ia64-hp-hpux11.23/3.4.4 -L/usr/ccs/bin -L/usr/ccs/lib
-L/proj/opensrc/s
je/svn/gcc.34/install/lib/gcc/ia64-hp-hpux11.23/3.4.4/../../..
/var/tmp//ccJVUul
W.o -lgcc -lgcc
If I look at the specs file I see:
*libgcc:
%{shared-libgcc:%{mlp64:-lgcc_s_hpux64}} -lgcc
I am not sure what is going on here.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24718